Micro-pieces: playing a critical role in your implantable devices.
At Greatbatch Medical, we manufacture many of the miniature components that are used inside implantable medical devices such as pacemakers, defibrillators, neurostimulators, bone-growth stimulators, cochlear devices, and drug pumps.
For millions of patients, our components play a critical role in the overall performance of these life-saving and life-changing devices. As a result, the parts are made from high-tech materials (usually titanium or stainless steel), custom-designed for each application, and manufactured to ultra-precise specifications.
Today, Greatbatch Medical is the industry standard in the manufacture of high-volume micromachined components, thanks to our decades of experience in medical machining, our commitment to operational efficiency, and the highly trained employees at our ISO 13485:2003 facility.
Expertise in micromachining processes
- High quality, close tolerance component machining in metals and plastics to 0.0001” and 5 decimal place tolerances possible to 0.00005”
- 3-axis and 4-axis milling with 3D milling capability
- Multi-axis swiss style CNC machines to 11-axis capability with integral high-pressure coolant and automatic bar feed systems
- Drill, mill, thread, tap and cross tap, turn and thread whirl functionality
- In-house tooling and fixture design utilizing CNC, 3D modeling, and CAD software
- ISO 9001:2000 certified
- ISO 13485:2003 certified
- Six Sigma quality control and inspection